5 Facts About Advent
Here are 5 facts about Advent
blog comments powered by
- Advent is derived from the Latin word “adventus “meaning "coming"
- It is the beginning of the liturgical year and commences on Advent Sunday
- Advent starts on the fourth Sunday before December 25, the Sunday from November 27 to December 23 inclusive.
- Advent calendars are a special calendars popular with children which are used to count the days of Advent in anticipation of Christmas
- Advent is a time of waiting and preparation for the celebration of the Nativity of Jesus at Christmas.