5 Facts About Anglo Saxons
Here are 5 facts about Anglo Saxons
blog comments powered by
- Anglo saxons were the Germanic hordes who invaded east and southern England in the early 5th century AD
- The Anglo-Saxon Era is that period of English history between about 550 and 1066
- The term is used for the language we now call Old English
- Old English language is far closer to early German than Middle English.
- Early Anglo-Saxon buildings were generally simple, constructed mainly using timber with thatch for roofing.