5 Facts About Normandy
Here are 5 facts about Normandy
blog comments powered by
- Normandy is an area of France on the English Channel (La Manche) corresponding to the old Duchy of Normandy.
- During the Second World War, the D Day landings were on the Normandy beaches under the code name Operation Overlord
- The subsequent Battle of Normandy which resulted eventually in the Liberation of Paris
- Normandy was occupied by English forces during the Hundred Years War in 1345–1360 and again in 1415–1450
- Honfleur and Le Havre in Normandy were two of the principal slave trade ports of France