5 Facts About Stone Mountain
Here are 5 facts about Stone Mountain
blog comments powered by
- Stone Mountain is a quartz monzonite dome isolated mountain in Stone Mountain, Georgia, United States
- It stands at 1,686 feet above sea level
- The north face of the mountain is carved into three Confederate States of America figures Stonewall Jackson, Robert E. Lee and Jefferson Davis.
- The carvings were commenced in 1916 but many difficulties ensued and it was not officially finished until March 3, 1972
- Martin Luther King, Jr. mentioned the monument in his I Have a Dream speech in 1963