5 Facts About Abraham Lincoln
blog comments powered by
- Abraham Lincoln was born on February 12th 1809 near present-day Hodgenville, Kentucky.
- Lincoln was elected to the Illinois General Assembly as representative for Sangamon County. He ran as a member of the Whig Party.
- Abraham Lincoln was Republican and he became president in 1861.
- Part of his legacy is the national banking system which he created with the National Banking Act in 1863, resulting in a standardized currency.
- Abraham Lincoln died on April the 15th 1865. He was the first president to be assassinated. He died aged fifty six.
Bitesize Encyclopedia | Revision Aid