5 Facts About The Nervous System
blog comments powered by
- The human nervous system is divided into two parts, the central nervous system and the peripheral nervous system.
- A baby's brain consists of around 10 million nerve cells at it's time of birth.
- Humans on average use only four percent of the cells in their brains at any one time.
- The adult brain consists 100 billion neurons.
- Our bodies contain 43 nerve pairs which connect the central nervous system to the rest of our body. Twelve pairs connected to the brain and 31 pairs connect to our spinal chord.
Bitesize Encyclopedia | Revision Aid